Vermont Comedy Club is seeking experienced wait staff for its comedy showroom. Our staff is friendly, down-to-earth, intelligent, and provides excellent customer service throughout our guests’ experience at the venue. At least two years’ experience in foodservice is required. Must possess excellent communication skills; self-awareness and motivation; ability to work efficiently as part of a team and under pressure in a fast paced environment, and empathy for others. Department of Liquor Control certification is required for this position (training will be provided if necessary). Experience working in a live performance venue and/or being a fan of live comedy is a plus.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Taking orders from customers in a discreet, courteous and friendly manner before, during and after performances
- Remaining informed about talent and menus at the venue
- Answering guest questions, providing excellent customer service
- Handling money and utilizing POS system (Aloha experience a plus)
- Cleaning, bussing, prepping and running food and beverages
Must be at least 18 years old, available nights and weekends, able to work on feet for 6-8 hours, and able to lift 50 lbs. Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply (or snail-mail to Vermont Comedy Club, 101 Main St., Burlington VT 05401). Vermont Comedy Club is an EOE. No phone calls please.