Floor Manager (P/T)
Vermont Comedy Club is search for a dynamic, trustworthy manager who enjoys working with people in a friendly and fast-paced environment.
The part-time floor manager will be responsible for the following duties:
FOOD & BEVERAGE
* Supervise a large food & beverage staff (servers, bartenders, barbacks, ushers, kitchen personnel, etc.) to ensure seamless service to large groups of patrons simultaneously
* Host/seat the showroom quickly, efficiently, and in a friendly manner
* Be knowledgeable about F&B menus, talent schedule, etc.
* Maintain a fun, safe environment for patrons at all times
* Lend support to the F&B staff wherever it may be needed during busy times
* Supervise F&B staff to ensure prep and cleaning checklists are completed
* Periodically lead screening and hiring process of F&B employees
* Periodically lead training of existing and new F&B employees to ensure consistent customer experience
* Ensure F&B employee handbook compliance, taking disciplinary action if necessary
* Assist with scheduling of staff
* Collaborate with owner/operators, bar manager, marketing manager and other key players to maximize efficiency and profitability of F&B
* Supervise show production staff (A/V, box office, security, performers, etc.) to ensure smooth execution of performances
* Ensure visiting talent receives excellent hospitality
* At least 5 years’ experience in food & beverage, partly in management
* Excellent customer service skills and overall respect for others
* Strong work ethic and ability to take initiative/improve existing systems
* Collaborative, creative problem-solving skills
* Positive attitude, especially under pressure (no complainers!)
* Attention to detail and ability to multitask
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Decisiveness and ability to delegate responsibilities
* Ability to confront tense situations and resolve interpersonal conflicts
* Experience with POS systems (Aloha a plus)
* Understanding of basic business principles
* DLC status up to date with state of VT (can assist you with this if yours is not current)
* Ability to lift 50 lbs
Vermont Comedy Club is a busy place to work but we value people above all. Our team is a group of friendly people who care about each other and about our customers. Perks include free comedy shows, free and discounted comedy classes, and more.
Pay commensurate with experience. This is a part-time position requiring availability ~20 hours per week. Must be available Thurs/Fri/Sat evenings. Vermont Comedy Club is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or snail-mail to Vermont Comedy Club, 101 Main Street, Burlington VT 05401, attn: Natalie Miller.